Nicki Minaj Wiki: Nicki Minaj was born Onika Tanya Maraj-Petty in Trinidad on December 8, 1982. She has come a long way from her humble beginnings to become one of the most famous and essential people in music. Her life was full of hard times and challenges that helped her become who she is now. Her parents, Robert Maraj and Carol were both musicians, which influenced her choice of work.
Table of Contents
Even though she had a hard childhood, including her father’s drug use and violent behavior, Minaj rose above her situation. She went to the United States with her mother when she was five. In the Bronx, New York, where she grew up, she first became interested in performing and music.
Nicki Minaj Wiki/Bio
|Onika Tanya Maraj-Petty
|Date of Birth
|December 8, 1982
|Place of Birth
|Saint James, Trinidad
|Robert Maraj and Carol
|Jelani, Micaiah, Ming
|LaGuardia High School
|Waitress at Red Lobster
|Married to Kenneth Petty
Nicki Minaj Height, Weight, and More
Nicki Minaj has always been a trendsetter in the industry because of her unique style and bold attitude. Her physical features have made her more attractive and helped her stand out. People know her for having a big body and bold style.
|62 kg (137lbs)
Nicki Minaj Career Information
Minaj’s music career took off after she released her first record, “Playtime Is Over,” in 2007. Hip-hop fans immediately liked her because her music was unique and full of life. Her first record, “Pink Friday,” went to the top of the US Billboard 200 chart, putting her on the worldwide music scene.
|Playtime Is Over (2007)
|Pink Friday (2010)
|Young Money Entertainment
|Lil Wayne, Drake, Gucci Mane
|8 American Music Awards, 5 MTV Video Music Awards, 12 BET Awards
|Ice Age: Continental Drift (2012)
|Most Recent Album
|Pink Friday 2 (2023)
Nicki Minaj Net Worth Information
Nicki Minaj has made much money throughout her career, thanks to her extensive music catalog and business ventures. Minaj’s impact goes far beyond the world of music. From selling records to going on concert tours and getting endorsements, she has a lot of power.
|Net Worth Information
|Estimated Net Worth
|$85 million (as of 2023)
|Major Income Source
|House in Beverly Hills
|MAC Cosmetics, Pepsi
|Pink Lamborghini, Bentley Continental GT
|Education funding in India
|MYX Fusions, Tidal
|The Other Woman, Barbershop
|Pink Friday Tour, The Pinkprint Tour
10 Interesting Facts About Nicki Minaj
- Nicki Minaj holds the record for the most Billboard Hot 100 entries among women.
- Her birth name, Onika, means “warrior” in Nigerian.
- She was the first female artist included on MTV’s Annual Hottest MC List.
- Minaj has also dabbled in voice acting, contributing her talents to Ice Age: Continental Drift and The Angry Birds Movie 2.
- She has a mezzo-soprano vocal range.
- Minaj is the first and only woman to win the BET Award for Best Female Hip-Hop Artist five consecutive times.
- She is the first female artist to have four songs simultaneously in the top 10 of Billboard’s Mainstream R&B/Hip-Hop airplay chart.
- Minaj has openly expressed her love for Barbie dolls and often refers to her fans as “Barbz.”
- She worked at a Red Lobster before her music career took off.
- Minaj was discovered on MySpace by Dirty Money CEO Fendi, who signed her for a 180-day contract.
Ultimately, Nicki Minaj is a force that can’t be ignored. Her wide range of skills, unapologetic style, and groundbreaking work have made her a global star. Her journey from a challenging childhood in Trinidad to becoming an international star shows how determined, talented, and strong she is. Even though she keeps reaching new heights in her career, Minaj is still a role model for many. She shows us that with hard work and desire, anything is possible.